Sunday, February 14, 2010

Donation Drive 10: Bonded Betrothal

I couldn't believe my ears. James wanted me. He really wanted me- as his donor. I would be helping others by feeding him as often as my health allowed. But, what about the Cullens? Victoria? How would this work? James stopped my questions with a gentle kiss. He stepped back, smiling, and I felt my heart skip a beat. I would spend the rest of my life as his donor, however long that ended up being.
“I want to drink from you, dear one. I do not have a bonding gift with me, but I will give you anything you want. Let me open your vein and drink directly from you. I want you as my own.”
I didn't care about the bonding gift. There was nothing I needed that the Cullens had not already provided. James would take my mind off Jake and Edward. He was all I needed. He was all I would ever need beyond food, drink, clothing, and shelter from the weather. As a wealthy vampire, he could, and would, provide those for his donor.
When I asked about Victoria, James stroked one thumb down my face. In that moment, I could almost feel his affection for me as if Jasper was near and projecting what he felt coming from James. His eyes were soft as he gave me a serene smile. His dirty blonde hair was coming out of his ponytail, tendrils hung around his face. James looked at once vulnerable and deadly as he turned to look at the stairs.
“I will trade Victoria to the Cullens in exchange for your contract and pay any cost Carlisle demands.” There was a tone to his voice that put an edge on his words. I could not discern where his thoughts were, but it felt as if I'd gone from being something he desired to being a pawn in a game. Was this what I wanted? Could I live with this decision? He would not let me feed Jasper again, that much I knew. Could I give up my emotional bond with Jasper? What about my feelings for Edward?
“Just because Edward doesn't want you, does not mean I don't. I see how strong you are, how beautiful, sweet, and amazing you are as a human. I want you with me for as long as you'll have me, Bella. Bond with me. Feed me. Share your life with me.”
James leaned in, kissed my neck, his tongue outlined where he wanted to drink, and his hands came up to cup my breasts. The shivers that went through me were as emotional as they were physical. He saw me as more than just a meal. James, the hunter, wanted me. I would let him have me. My cheeks ached as I smiled at him. I couldn't have imagined a better proposal, even one of being his donor, not a lover, though I knew that would soon come.
“Yes, James.”
I was lifted up and crushed to James' bare chest, the chiseled planes of his abs were like hugging the statue of David as he swung us around in circles. My ice cream was abandoned as James carried me into the living room to the overstuffed couch. He sat and draped me over his lap and the arm of the couch.
“You're sure about this, Sweet cheeks?” James' fingers began to rub up and down my arm before stroking my neck and shoulders. It was sweetly romantic despite the knowledge he was going to cut me soon.
“Yes, I want to be bonded to you, James.”
He stared off into space, and for a moment, I wondered if he regretted choosing me. Perhaps he wouldn't like my blood. Just as I opened my lips, he began to chuckle, shaking me slightly with the movement.
“Babe, you know, I'll change you one day. Whenever you're ready to stop aging, just let me know. It'll hurt like a son of a bitch for a couple days; but then, just you, me, the open road, and eternity. We can go anywhere and do anything we want. The world is ours, Bella. We can each pick out a lovely little donor. For that matter, I can buy Jake from the Cullens if you want to drink from him. I'll let you fuck him. I sleep with my donors and won't stop you from doing the same with yours.”
I knew that James was also saying I couldn't stop him from it. I would not be his “only” and if Jake and I were to have a feeding relationship, I doubt that I could stop myself from seeking out other forms of relief from Jake. I could not do that to Jake. He would never want to see me as a vampire; most likely he'd rather I died than be changed, no matter the circumstances.
James' cheeks rounded out as he smiled and then he leaned toward me, his forehead resting on mine. His icy fingers began to rub up and down my arm as he sucked at the flesh of my neck. I wanted to take him inside me while he fed. James was reawakening my lust with each pass of his tongue across the edge of my earlobe and each finger nail that gently scratched down my forearm, leaving a white – then red- line in its wake.
“Tell me, Bella,” he murmured into my ear. “Do you want to feed me?”
I was going into this with my eyes open. I knew it would not be sunshine and roses. It would not be the moonlight and orchids I could expect from Edward, nor the twilight runs through the woods and sunflowers I knew would come with loving Jake. This would be a life of service, to James and then to the monster he would one day awaken within me. The good moments and the purpose I would fulfill, each feeding would save a human life; those would make the price worthwhile.
“Yes, I want to know my blood is helping you to live.”
I trusted him to do this. I knew what it felt like with Jasper; and was aware the pain would be sharper without the empathic gift. James nodded, his eyes darkening as he let the blood lust set in. In a blur, he pulled out his pocket knife and then paused, giving me a smile. It reminded me of a cat catching a bird, that small twitch to his lips as if he knew the punchline to a joke I was not privy to.
With a flip of his thumb, the knife opened, and I jumped slightly before his free hand stroked my hair. “It'll just hurt for a moment, Babe.”
He pressed the blade against my arm and I closed my eyes. I focused on all but the pain (and blood) that was about to come from my wrist. There was the slightest pinprick of pain and then...crash! The front door slammed open, the glass shattering on either side. I jerked my arm from the blade as I saw Edward standing in the doorway, half-crazed. His shirt was torn from his body in places, buttons missing, and smudged with dirt. His clothes were soaked from the rain, and I could see in the dim-light that his eyes were the darkest black.
Edward looked to James and then to me. I held my arms to my chest, not wanting James to open my veins in front of Edward. I did not want to risk his control.
I heard a growl and did not know which man it came from, only that it meant trouble. Faster than I could see, even quicker than James, Edward wrenched me from James' lap and into his arms. I felt fire go down my arm and then onyx eyes met mine, a silent plea for forgiveness in them, as Edward pulled his thumb away from my arm, blood dripping from the nail.
When I did not respond, he locked his lips around the cut he'd made and began to drink. The pull was soft yet I could hear him swallowing. Each tug on the skin was felt on my lips, breasts, and between my thighs. It felt as if he was touching me everywhere at once. Once my mind had caught up to what Edward was doing, that he had bonded with me, it was over. Edward threw back his head; shades of amber and burgundy were highlighted in his hair from the firelight. Twin rivulets of blood ran down on either side of his mouth; his lips were stained as if he were a child eating berries. His eyes were dark red as they met mine and stayed locked with my gaze as his tongue, warm from my blood, lapped at the jagged line he'd created.
“She's mine now, James.” Edward's words were the softest whisper, one that barely reached my ears, yet James answered with a roar. I felt myself being shoved backwards, and once Edward saw that I had landed on the love seat, he crouched and then sprung for James.

A/N: Thank you so very much for waiting patiently on this chapter. Here is James' POV of the past two chapters to give you an idea of his thoughts.
James POV
End of chapter 9, beginning of chapter 10.
Hate was all I knew as Emmett kept me from my quarry. I couldn't fight his strength. I couldn't fight the ennui being emitted by the empath. Despite my ire, I couldn't find the interest in moving, had I been able. The wolf snapping at me was a threat, yet all I could do was remain under Emmett as the wolf retreated into the hall under the demand of his Alpha who'd come in to join our fight. Sam hadn't shifted yet so he was not worthy of my notice except for how his blood would taste as I ripped out this throat for being one more barrier between my prey and me.
I'd told Bella I was a hunter, and I had not lied. I was a hunter, and I was hunting the best way to hurt the Cullens. They'd taken my Alice from me. I could have handled the empath alone but they kept evading me, going into larger cities where I couldn't follow as easily. I trailed their scents to the Cullens' home and Carlisle had threatened to contact the Volturi if I made a move for my singer. Aro told me if I waited, I would find someone even sweeter.
I finally had. No, I'm not saying that her blood is sweeter; I will never feel a compulsion like that for my dear, sweet, Mary Alice's blood. Bella's blood is dearer though, for the pain I can cause when I drain her. I will make her love me. She wanted me, I could smell it. I will turn that to my favor, bond her to me, drink from her until she is weak, and then turn her if I wish, or simply kill her and leave her body for Edward to find. Better yet, I will wait until I know Edward is close; I will drain Bella when he is stuck watching my thoughts, and then I shall take her body with me, and hide pieces all around the world.
No, James. Make them all suffer. I will change her. She will love me. I will take her from him by claiming her humanity. I will change her, and then tear her body into a thousand parts, and put each into a golden box and bury them in my secret places. Edward will receive a box with her heart inside, my venom having atrophied it at last. Only when he has found all of them, will I send him the clue to find her head. Those final pieces shall stay with me. I will burn them as he approaches, ending my game.
Anger sank back into me as Jasper released his powers from me, focusing onto Bella as she shook in his arms. “Shh, I've gotcha now, darlin'.” His words seemed to have a stronger effect than his energetical manipulations, and I growled as she twined herself around him. Jasper began speaking too fast for my Bella to hear. “I never shoulda left you alone after feedin' from you. Alice told me that it would have been better to feed directly, breaking the law, and then claimin' you more physically, instead of leavin' you to the hunter. I thought we were safer this way, Sugar.”
I laughed silently to myself. Bella wasn't safe anywhere. I could track her scent anywhere, if they did manage to get her away. Human girls were easy enough to manipulate; if I could simply talk to her once away, I could lure her to me. A special trap would have to await her in the end, something more elaborate than any I'd pulled off before. Bella will break for me, emotionally and physically, until I can leave her spirit completely shattered.
James POV Chapter 10 end and into chapter 11
Bella's tongue was hot as fire as it ran along my abs and down across the ridge of my hip bone. She'd long since licked up all of the caramel and was moving lower, working up the nerve to pull down my jeans which were already unbuttoned. I smiled smugly as Bella licked her lips. She was nervous, still not entirely sure she wanted to do this.
“Please,” I let out a breathy sigh. She looked up at me, apparently seeing something in my eyes, and then parted her lips, taking my length into her mouth. I was close already from knowing that the hunt was almost over and it took little to send me over the edge. Being silent would have ruined my fun, so I let out a loud grunt as pleasure coursed through me, growling out her name along with several expletives. I heard Emmett laugh to Jasper about wishing he had defied Edward's wishes and claimed her as his own. Like I would have handled that well. I'd have added Emmett to my list of targets.
Yes, when Edward had called this morning saying he was coming back, determined to fight his own impulses for Bella, I upped my plan's timetable. Victoria knew that if we were caught, we would both be destroyed by the Volturi. While her senses were not as acute as a vampires, my blood slave has instincts I have learned to trust. When I heard her complaining about there not being a show on “The Food Network,” I knew that something, or someone, was coming.
I pulled Bella to her feet and enjoyed watching her attempt to shimmy out of her pants. With a quick flick of my wrist, I held both hands in front of her. “Bella, as wonderful as this is, I think we should stop. I need to eat before we can continue.” She looked up at me, her lips pursing, and I could easily see her unveiled anger and jealousy. Bella was playing right into my hands, making the hunt almost too easy. “No, my feisty little Bella. Let me drink from you, not from a cup.”
Her eyebrows lifted, her mouth falling into an 'o' of shock. “I want to drink from you, dear one. I do not have a bonding gift with me but I will give you anything you want. Let me open your vein and drink directly from you. I want you as my own. I will trade Victoria to the Cullens in exchange for your contract and pay any cost Carlisle demands.” Victoria being pissed would be worth this game.
She was still undecided so I played my last card. “Just because Edward doesn't want you, does not mean I don't. I see how strong you are, how beautiful, sweet, and amazing you are as a human. I want you with me for as long as you'll have me, Bella. Bond with me. Feed me. Share your life with me.” I used the words Jasper had said, the ones that had made her melt after he fed from her.
Bella's face lit from within, her smile bright. “Yes, James.”
~*~
I whisked her away into the living room, her body resting on me gently as I slowly massaged her arm. I kissed along her neck until I heard the distant screeching of brakes on gravel. Edward was within hearing range. Good. “Tell me, Bella, do you want to feed me?”
“Yes. I want to know my blood is helping you to live.”
I smiled as she looked up at me with all the trust in the world. Edward's car crashed against a tree, and I could hear him swearing as he ran for the house, his legs faster than his car could go. I had just enough time to seal the deal. I pulled out my pocket knife, and slowly hid my thoughts deeper from Edward's hearing. I had the knife tip against her forearm, skin dipping slightly, when the door slammed open. Bella jerked away from me as Edward stood before us; his shirt was tattered, his eyes were jet black, and all I could think of was that the fight of my existence was about to occur. I couldn't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment