Friday, October 23, 2009

TTTB Chapter 7: Home

EPOV
“Carlisle, I think we can let him into the main house. He hasn't tried anything and his thoughts are harmless to us. He thinks only of going home or of killing himself, no other options seem to visit his mind. Only the final moments of his wife and his constant annoyance to me are shared.”
Carlisle finally lifted his butterscotch eyes and looked at me. What has Marcus been saying, or rather thinking, that has you so uptight? For you to admit annoyance, it must be a fairly large ordeal.
“He has a somewhat odd thought of what will occur when Bella returns home with Renesmee and your other sons. Alice apparently had similar plans that she's trying to put into motion. I really need to talk to Bella when we get her home tonight.”
I'm glad to see that the two of you have survived these six days. You have been much easier to live with than the last time you were separated. You've grown as a couple, and as individuals. The two of you are stronger for each other, and she has brought out the best in you- you've blossomed into the boy I saw on that bed- life shines in your eyes again- and I think fatherhood agrees with you. How many presents is Nessie coming home to?
I redid her bedroom with Mom's help and after speaking to Nessie on Tuesday, I filled her bookshelves, toy bins, and closets with her wish list as well as a few extras.”
Carlisle patted me on the back before motioning me towards the foyer. “My shift will not be over until after they are home, so unless we leave Marcus without a guard and you take Esme, you'll have to take the Jeep, it's the only vehicle that can seat all of you.” He tried to stifle a smile before tossing me the keys to Emmett's over-sized toy. My groan echoed through the hallway. “I know you've been counting down the hours, so you are well aware of the three hours before you take off. Why don't you spend them with your mother? I know she'd love the company.”
I nodded and headed towards the door so I could head to the garden. “Thanks, Carlisle.”
You are welcome, Son. Go on. I'm going to get changed and head to the hospital. Give Nessie a kiss for me and let her know I'll be home as soon as I can. His thoughts swirled from having his family as complete as possible, to patients he had scheduled visits with, and then to any ER arrivals.
I closed the door quietly behind me and wandered the sidewalk around the house to our garden. I found Esme easily, her straw hat, apron, and gloves lending a human touch to the vampire weeding a flower bed. Her thoughts reached to me when she heard my approach. Edward! His smile is slowly returning now that his family is getting closer.
“Hello, Son. What brings you out into the garden? There aren't any flowers currently, just tons of weeds that grew while we were busy. The rowan tree is starting to get berries but that's it for color right now in the garden.” I wish I had beautiful flowers to send to the airport with you. Her words were punctuated with frustrated breaths as she yanked handful by handful of weeds from the flower bed, once again restoring order to her domain. She looked up and smiled as we heard the Mercedes pull out of the garage. We turned and saw Carlisle blow a kiss towards Esme and whisper, “I love you.” It was now or never.
“Esme. Mom, can I talk to you about something?”
Always honey. You know that. She stopped weeding and sat back on her knees. I held out my hand to help her to her feet. The frost covered grass cracked beneath our footsteps as I led her to the stone bench on the side patio.
“I'm really confused of what I need to do, as well as want to do. Everything was so crystal clear before, but talking to Marcus and then Alice's letters started showing up, and now it feels like I'm in a maze with only one possible ending but so many ways of getting there. I'm worried if I choose wrongly that we'll lose everything.”
What is going on Edward? Tell me and we'll sort things out.
I smiled at my mother, truly my mother in every sense. “I love Bella more than anything. She's my everything; she completes me, makes me be a better man, less of a monster. She taught me how to love and live; she gave up her humanity to have an eternity with me, to give us a daughter. She's my soul mate.”
Esme nodded, a smile across her face. And I'm thankful for every moment you are together. She makes you live, not just exist. “She's my daughter, your wife, and an amazing mother.” I only wish that Rose and Alice were still here. It isn't fair that one son finally finds his match and two lose theirs. Our family was complete for too short a time.
“That is what I want to talk about. Alice had a vision, or rather, several of them I'm guessing, on how to hold the family together. Marcus has seen it for a while with his gift as well. His thoughts taunt me whenever he knows I'm listening. But it's Alice's letters that have made me even consider his option.” My hands gripped my knees tightly, worried if I grabbed the bench seat I'd have only a pile of gravel to sit upon.
What do they see happening Edward? Her voice rang with her concern now, her maternal urge to comfort her child taking over completely.
“They want me to share Bella with Jasper and Emmett.”
Share? What does he mean? “How? What do they mean by share?” Does it mean what I think it means? Her thoughts were overtaken with images of Bella laying in bed next to my brothers.
“Yes, Esme, that's exactly what they mean.”
Oh.
“Alice admitted to me in a letter of throwing Bella and Jasper into situations while they're away. She wanted this. She knew that Bella could keep them from hurting as badly. Alice is using Bella and I as pawns in her eternal game. She's determined to have her way and based on how Bella has sounded on the phone, I'm sure that there has been an event or two where Alice tried to get her point across to them as well as to myself.”
What are you going to do about it? She thought to me as her toes toyed with a piece of rock that was too far from its flower bed.
“That's the problem. I don't know. I keep coming back to knowing that if Bella wanted them, I wouldn't stop her. I don't know if I could truly say ever that I want to share her. She's mine. She's my mate, my everything. But they're our brothers, family. I just want everyone to have a happily ever after, and theirs was ripped away from them. I feel selfish. If I could just share her, maybe she could help even more, keep them from feeling as I did when I just thought she was dead. To see her die before my own eyes, I know I wouldn't have the strength they do now to go on, even for Renesmee. Without Bella, there is no reason for me to exist.”
“Son, I think that the fact you are even considering the option,” her voice cracked a bit on the last word, “speaks volumes of your love for your family. Over my years as a human and as well, one of us, I've discovered that there are many forms of love, some less than innocent, and some that are so pure that they consume one another with a white fire. You and Bella have that- a love so pure and strong that it holds you together but when apart it slowly consumes you. But the heart, or whatever it is that allows us to love, our humanity perhaps, is infinite. Love is infinite. When your daughter was born, you loved her right away, yes?” I nodded. Even hearing her thoughts echo her words as she spoke them I could not see exactly where she was going with this.
“It didn't detract from your love of Bella, in fact, it made you love her more.” My head bobbed again. Esme was correct; my love for Bella knows no bounds and my heart swelled with love, adoration, and pride at what she and I had made- a child when I thought that path was barred to me.
“Edward, we both know that you and Bella loved your sisters dearly. You also both love your brothers. You're family. We take care of one another. That's what sets us apart from the covens. We are a family. One unit comprised of seven individuals, eight including Jacob who may as well be counted now since he will be a part of the family.”
Sorry flew across her thoughts and face as I winced at my less than favorite thought. “Carlisle and I lost two daughters, and we're still grieving that loss. I'm a mother, that loss cripples me at times. A parent is not supposed to bury her children. I cling to Bella now; she's my only daughter left. If I lost her-lost any more of my children, the grief would be too much. I want my sons back. I know they are heart broken, no... they are soul broken; and if Alice saw it help, maybe it is the right thing. I think the Cullen family has long since learned to never bet against your pixie of a sister. Am I right?” I smiled. The same thought had often crossed my mind.
“I don't know how I'd deal with seeing them together.”
“Then don't. If Bella can accept this, arrangement, well then the two of you would have a lot to discuss, including some set of boundaries and rules I'm guessing. Include that it has to be out of thought range and you'd appreciate if they guarded those memories around you until things were more easily accepted. They love you. They'd never do anything to hurt you. Emmett and Jasper are men, with the appetites of men, but they also recognize that she is yours and would see that you are offering quite the gift in sharing her affections, even if it was solely physical and she never developed feelings beyond sisterly for them.
"There are alternate relationships out in the world, Edward. A polyamorous relationship, done right with open communication, complete honesty, and done with love, can be successful. It does not take away the love from the first relationship but adds a new depth as you discover how you feel about others. It is not the relationship I currently share with your father, and is not the right choice for us, but many find that it works. I know our Alaska cousins had practiced forms of it from time to time as male vampires found their way to the coven for an extended trip. They shared equally although there normally was a primary relationship, one he was closer with. Change is so hard for our kind, especially where mates are involved, but perhaps this is the happily ever after for the family. Ask Bella what she wants but above all, be honest with her and yourself.” Esme wrapped her arms around me and made me feel like that seventeen year old boy I was so long ago, held in his mother's arms as she made the world right again.

BPOV
The plane landed and I could see Edward's fiery hair waiting at the terminal as soon as I stepped onto the concourse. Jake had Renesmee so I knew I could go on ahead. I could see Edward trying to hold still and not jump the fence and run towards me. I started jogging to him, every inch too far away from my love. As soon as I cleared the desk and attendant he had me in his arms. Our lips crashed together, my arms snaking up his back to let my hands tangle in his hair. He pulled back, panting, and looked into my eyes, our foreheads resting together.
“I missed you, love," I whispered as I drew his face to mine for another kiss.
“I missed you, my Bella. Let's not do this again; I can't bear being parted from you.”
He pulled away and took our daughter into his arms as soon as Jake had led her through the gate. “My little one. How glad I am to have you back in my arms. Home. You're finally home.” Her hands were on his face, love for her father clearly written across hers, and his smile was, I guess, triumphant is what I'm looking for. It was infectious. My vision began to blur and then I felt the fire as tears ran down my cheeks at their reunion. Edward hoisted Renesmee onto his hip and pulled me close with his other arm. “My two loves.” My head resting on his shoulder I saw our brothers approach. Jasper, having seen and felt my tears, reached over and brushed them away. “Jasper. Emmett. Thanks for bringing them home. Jacob, you kept her safe and I am eternally in your debt.”
Jake, being Jake of course, couldn't resist a barb when given the chance. “Thanks aren't needed. You know why I did it, there's nothing for me without her. But I'll remind you of your debt, as you put it, when you threaten me in say seven or eight years when I ask your permission.”
“Don't push your luck, mutt” A low growl had started in Edward's chest before Jacob finished speaking.
“Jacob Black!”
“Watch it, pup”
“Jake”
“Jakey. That's not the way to make my father like you. Can't you two get along?” It was the last voice in our outburst that brought us to our senses. Renesmee doesn't like to speak aloud often; but when she does, she gets her point across.
I smiled at my little girl. “Come on boys, let's go home. We have eternity to fight out your testosterone battles, let's just go home now before people start staring more than normal.”
The ride home was silent, Jake and Renesmee in the middle seat, Jasper riding shotgun, Edward and I on the back bench. Renesmee hand her hand on Jake's cheek almost the entire time, chuckles escaping his lips occasionally. Their dependency on one another had grown in their month away together which left me both relieved knowing she'd been taken care of so well and jealous that my little girl was already beyond needing me. Emmett was bouncing in the driver's seat of his jeep, happy to be up in his baby again.
I was in my love's arms, as if we had not been apart. Edward's arm was around my shoulder, fingers stroking the side of my neck, drifting up from time to time to gently worry my earlobe or trace across my lips. My hand was on his leg, tracing circles on his thigh. Once I may have gone a little too high in my circle and Edward let out a content yet strained sigh causing both of my brothers looked at us- Emmett through the mirror and Jasper turning to look between the seats. Edward looked questioningly at my brothers and then to me, as if trying to figure out what had happened while we were away. I just shrugged and nestled into his shoulder, tucking my head under his chin. He smiled into my hair and softly hummed my lullaby. I sat there, content, until Emmett pulled into the driveway and I saw Esme standing in the doorway.

Jasper POV
I still don't know if what Alice has seen is the right way for things to progress but what is growing between Bella and myself is too strong to deny as just curiosity and comforting. It doesn't near what I felt for Alice or the love I see between Bella and Edward, but there is something there- an attraction, the lust boils between us when we're alone, and a trace of love is strengthening, more than what we had before, less innocent when combined with the lust, but I know we'll never be mates in the true sense of the couldn't be, right?
If Edward and Bella come to an understanding on things and do allow the physical to occur eventually, we could be amazingly mated, but she'll never be my mate. That part of me belongs solely to Alice, as Emmett will always belong to Rosalie, and Edward and Bella belong to each other. But when Bella is with me, it's as if I can feel Alice when I'm in her arms. I can remember her scent that little bit more, as if she's watching over us. Until a decision is reached, it is torture watching my thoughts, always having the main area of my mind focused on Alice, my history, philosophy books I want to read, anything but the thought of his wife on top of me, riding against my cock.. ok got to stop that thought Jasper, Alice riding me.
I heard Edward sigh and the slight building of lust coming from the backseat. Emmett looked in the mirror, jealousy that Bella's hands were on Edward. He, too, was beginning to feel for our little sister. I did my best to keep my thoughts and emotions in check but my body disobeyed and I found myself turning to look at the maker of the sound, his eyes full of curiosity at our reactions, trying to find the thought that would reason away our behavior. I saw Bella's eyes widen before shrugging at him as he looked to her for the answer. She felt a slight amount of guilt as she looked at him but then I could feel her eyes on me as she snuggled into his chest, affection, understanding, guilt, and need pouring from her- willing me to understand that she was sorry for what I was being put through. I turned to face the front again, watching out the window. Oh, it will be hard to deal with keeping my thoughts and emotions buffered.

BPOV
We were home at last. Hours later found us in our cottage; Renesmee was asleep in her bed, and Jake had gone home to see Billy and let Charlie know we're home and will be by tomorrow. Edward had taken me out to hunt; a mountain lion crossed our path. I tried to entice my husband in the woods after he licked my chin and lips clean of blood that had smeared. He pulled me towards our home, wanting me in his arms in our bed. Little did he know I was going to have no part in the gentle sweet love making we were used to. This was going to be an evening he'd never forget, vampire memory or not.
After checking on Renesmee, I made my invitation. “Edward, join me in the shower?”
He smiled and nodded, picked me up into his arms, and then carried me into the bathroom. He reached in and started the taps. I watched the muscles in his back stretch and flex as he moved, wetness pooling between my legs. I slowly pulled off my sweater, and lowered the zipper on my slacks, as he turned to look at me. When I stood before him in a cream lace bra and panty set, he dropped to his knees, his face against my stomach. He growled deeply against my skin, reaching up and tearing my bra off into pieces, not bothering to find the catch on the back. Edward traced his hands down my sides to my hips, whispering my name into my flesh, as his fingers caught on the waistband of my underwear, sliding them down to my feet. I stepped out of them, backing into the shower. He rid himself of his pants, and was already erect, pulsing for me. Edward took a step over the ledge into the shower where I surprised him. I reached down, tracing his cock with my fingertips, before closing my hand around his hard length, stroking from base to tip. His eyes rolled back in his head and a genuine purr began at the back of his throat. I began to stroke repeatedly, letting my thumb trace across the venom leaking from the tip of his shaft. His eyes flew open and he looked at me in awe.
I knelt down before him, sending him images of what I wanted to do, the same scene I sent him before I left. Edward let out a strangled moan, his engorged member twitching towards me. His hand slipped beneath my chin, tilting me up to look at him. “You don't need to do this, love.”
But I want to Edward; please let me. Besides, your friend here thinks that I do.
“It isn't proper.”
In your time it wasn't. I'm your wife, anything I choose to do is proper. Please, Edward? On my last “please” I didn't wait for his answer and let my tongue slip from tip to base and back again. He leaned back against the wall as I opened my lips and took him in as far as I could, my hand wrapped around his base.
Edward whimpered, his hands going into my hair, stroking my ears, and gently rocking my head against him. “Bella. I still don't think...”
Don't think. Just feel me. I let my tongue snake around his cock as I let him thrust between my lips. I took him a little deeper, swallowing to create pressure.
“Oh God, love. What are you doing to me?”
Probably what you think I am. Do you like it?
His response was a moan as I felt the head of his shaft swell. He started panting and thrusting deeper. When his fingers tightened in my hair, pulling me onto him I chanced looking up through my lashes, his face was twisted into a snarl as he growled. He was fighting his impending release, his gentleman side at war with the seventeen year old boy who wanted nothing more than to fill my mouth with his seed. It was time to push him over the edge. Cum for me Edward. Let go.
His eyes opened, his mouth half smile and half sneer as he threw his head back against the shower wall, a dent forming from the impact. I moved my head faster, mimicking the motions our bodies made together and then he let out a moan so loud I was worried the main house could hear us. Edward's hips snapped against me and his venom spilled into my mouth, which I swallowed down as he came. His hands finally stilled against my head, now pulling me off of him as his cock began to soften. I let him go with a pop of my lips and he bucked once as the air hit him. I stood up and he looked at me in wonder before closing the distance to kiss me. We finished showering together, washing one another's hair and bodies, never letting go.
After he dried me off, Edward finally spoke. “Bella, love, where did you learn that?”
Learn what, dear? An insolent smile graced my lips.
“You know fully well what. You on your knees, pleasuring me. How? Where did you learn that?” His eyes were guarded as if not sure he wanted the answer.
“Edward, you are the only person I've done that to. We had a long flight, a few of them actually, and the boys bought some magazines to help pass the time. I filed some information away for later.” I stood on tiptoes, looping my hands around his neck and pressing my lips against his. I still marvel at how he feels soft, warm, like myself now that I'm no longer human. His lips are no longer hard and cold but soft and mold to mine so well. We headed towards our bedroom, stopping to peek in on a still soundly sleeping Renesmee. I walked to the door leading towards our pond and patio as he went for the closet. He must have seen me looking out wistfully as he left his clothes on the bed and came to wrap his arms around me, resting his chin on top of my head.
“Isabella. We still have a few hours before Nessie wakes up, want to go for a swim and you can tell me more about your trip?” He reached around me, letting the latch loose before grasping me by the hip, spinning me to face him. I looped my arms around his neck as he reached down and grabbed my thighs, pulling me up so that I could wrap my legs around him. He left his towel on the floor and undid the knot on mine, letting it slip from me onto the soft sand surrounding the man made pond. He stepped down into the pond, taking us to the deep side of the pool, and he stood with his leg bent, braced against one of the hidden seats along the edge. I slid down his body, my core hitting his thigh as my legs fell to either side. The pressure caused me to moan, my desire still rampant for him.
“Edward, please. I need you. I've missed you being inside of me.”
He looked at me wickedly, before lowering me down his body until I could touch the bottom. He placed his hands on my shoulders, his fingers running down my arms, electricity burning through me wherever he touched.
“Turn about is fair play, my Bella.” His fingers slipped from my hands to my hips, one going to my back to hold me against him, the other stroking my sex, his fingers sliding between the lips before he used that hand to position me so that his hardness was against my opening. His fingers pressed against my clitoris as he entered me. I clutched at his back as his fingers circled the bundle of nerves, his body starting the maddening rhythm that leads to our mutual release.
Edward, please more. Harder. My mental conversation was easier to portray what I wanted than to speak it aloud. He reached down with his free hand, hitching my leg up over his hip, I brought the other leg up, the water making the position easier. He sunk down to his knees, the water coming to my chin, my hair trailing out behind me. I grasped his shoulders, pulling myself up before sinking back down onto him as he groaned into my neck, his tongue tracing the scar he'd placed there. The sensation startled me, so much more sensitive than any other spot on my neck. I bucked against him, earning a deep growl as his lips took possession of mine again. I could feel my orgasm building as he continued to thrust into me and work his fingers against me. I buried my face in his neck, turning to kiss his shoulder as the pleasure overtook me, a scream escaping me until I inadvertently buried my teeth in his shoulder. He hissed and I felt him pump his own release deep inside me.
He chuckled as I lowered my legs and knelt beside him. He had reached up and was rubbing my bite.
Oh god, Edward. I'm sorry! How bad is it? “How bad does it hurt Edward? Tell me!”
He just laughed and kept rubbing the spot. “It's fine Bella. Love, I'll be fine. It stings a little but not as bad as I'd think, probably because it's partially my own venom that flows through you. It's still going to leave a mark- a little stronger than a hickey don't you think? If you were planning to mark me as your own, you've done it, my wife.”
He was teasing me after I'd bitten him!
I splashed him with water and then started to climb out of the pond. He pulled me back in and I let him win; a kiss was my prize for humoring him. Edward lifted me in his arms and carried me to our bed where we laid down, still wet, and he draped an arm over me, his lips on my forehead. I thought back to all the nights I'd slept in his arms and how loved and safe I feel here. I looked at the mark on his shoulder, the crescent that was already turning silver. I traced it, and wondered if that's what Jasper felt like.
“So, Bella, how was your trip? I picked up from Jasper that you went with him to scatter Alice's ashes.”
I shifted so that I was laying on his chest, my ear over where his heart used to beat.
“It was beautiful but I'm so glad to be home. Emmett made bad jokes as always, Jasper enjoyed playing games with his talent, and then after we found Renesmee and Jacob, we spent time shopping and relaxing in town. The night Jasper took the urn up to the mountain top, he asked me to go with, at Alice's request. She also had me bring a blanket so we laid down and watched the stars before he said good-bye. I felt like I was helping him by being there. Alice seemed to know I could help him, so she found ways for us to connect.. The mountainside, hunting one night with Renesmee while Jake and Emmett went in town to gamble a bit, even his game on the...” I stopped there, not wanting to continue.
“Game? What game?”
On the plane, love. I told you about it, a game of resist the emotion.
Yes you did, love. So why are you tense from talking about it? Did you not enjoy it? What happened? Did he hurt you?” His arms tensed as if to run.
“No, Edward, it was fine, just well, Wait... promise not to move until I'm done talking, okay?” His eyes widened and he nodded. I sat, straddling him. “Here, love, this might be easier. Just remember that I love you, always.” I showed him the images of the three of us on the plane, from start to finish, including me sitting in a similar position on top of my blond brother, the starry night, the almost kiss, me stopping it saying I can't do this, our discussion of what Alice wants, Jasper saying he wants me but won't interfere with Edward and me. I stopped and showed him how beautiful he looked as I jumped into his arms at the airport. I love you more than life, more than existence, Edward. I am yours, always.
His eyes were slightly pained at seeing the intimate position of me on his brother, but he smiled through the rest. “Yes, Bella, Alice is up to something, and is apparently playing harder than I anticipated. That's part of what I wanted to talk to you about. I don't really know how to go about it but it seems that you and Jasper came to the same conclusion. Alice saw you with Emmett and Jasper, as well as me, all of us sharing you.”
Hearing him say it so matter-of-factly, scared me slightly. I started to climb off of him to sit beside him.
“No, Bella; stay, love.” His hands tightened around my hips, holding me in place. “We need to talk this through, and this is as good of a position as any.” He smiled then, trying to dazzle me. “Unless you prefer it to be Jasper beneath you.” My look of shock made him laugh. “Oh, my Bella! I'm teasing you, dearest. I know, love, I know you. You love me and are mine as much as I am yours. But it is good to know that you are attracted to him, I'm glad you were honest with me. As much as it does make me jealous to think of you like that with him, or even with Emmett, I think that Alice and Marcus may be right. My brothers love you, Jasper a little more so based on the time you've spent together. You are binding us together, maybe it's just that we need to make that knot a little tighter. I was talking to Esme earlier...”
Esme knows!?
“It's okay Bella. Don't fret so much. This family has no secrets, you know that. With our hearing, someone was bound to find out what we are discussing. But she and I discussed how love works and that if you love them it doesn't mean you love me less and that there are relationships with more than two partners that work. The foundation is love and honesty, two things we already have shown here to be in our favor.” He went back to stroking my hips and arms gently as he spoke when he knew I wasn't going to bolt.
“So where does that leave us, Edward? What do you want me to do?” I placed my hands on his chest and shifted my weight so I could settle next to him, and pulled him onto his side so we were looking into each other's eyes.
“It isn't what I want you to do, it's what we choose to do as a couple. You are my wife, but they are also my brothers. I want to help them heal in any way I can. I know what it felt like when I thought you were dead. But for them to watch their mates fall like that, in front of them and be able to do nothing, especially Jasper after finding out that Alice knew she wouldn't walk away from that encounter, I want to help erase their pain. For everything Alice has done for us, the sacrifice she made, for the sacrifice our family made to keep us together, I want to at least give you and them the option, to try and heal their wounds a bit.”
“Does this mean you're alright with me being, well, intimate with them?” Edward reached up and pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a ragged breath. I regretted the question. I tried to reach out for his face. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. “I'm sorry, Edward, I shouldn't have asked.”
“No! It will be fine. It's a question that had to be asked. I honestly don't know yet. Will I allow it, yes. Will I hold it against you, no. Will I be jealous, yes but I will learn to deal with that. I know that you won't run off with Jasper, and Emmett won't kidnap you for more than a weekend away. I am not personally against it beyond my caveman tendencies to claim you as mine and no one else's. It just goes against everything I was raised to believe in. But then I became a vampire and spent more than a human lifetime waiting for you to be born. After, we fought against all odds to be here in this bed together, our daughter behind us, and now we have another path set before us... It isn't a hurdle or an obstacle, just a different path where I won't be the only one holding your hand.”
“How will we broach this with them? I can't just walk up to them and ask them to sleep with me.”
Edward started laughing. “You probably could just ask Emmett that.” I hit him on the shoulder and he winced. “Save that for Emmett. He likes it rough.”
I buried my face in the pillow. Of anyone, Edward would know what his brothers like, despite years of tuning it out. I started laughing against his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.
“Love, at any time, if you agree to this, you can call it off. Other than keeping it equal between the two of them and not forgetting about me, there really aren't any rules to go from. We're in new territory without a guidebook. All we can do is be honest and let the cards fall as they will, or in this case, how Alice wills it, and see what happens. We won't force things to occur, but we will not stop any natural progressions either. Is this something you can do, are willing to do? I love you no matter your answer.”
I just looked into his eyes and he smiled that crooked smile that is meant just for me. I could feel him dazzling me but did not care. He was mine and loved me, that was all that made sense in the world. I did not think I could actually speak the answer, my throat felt thick with tears, so I simply nodded before kissing him and laying down in his arms.
We stayed like that until the sun rose up over the trees and our daughter began to stir in her room. We walked up to the big house to see Carlisle on the phone helping make arrangements for Marcus's return flight to Italy while Marcus sat in a high backed chair in the dining room, drinking a glass of what I'm assuming was donated blood much as they had given me while pregnant. The smell was rich and inviting but I tuned it out, focused on Jasper sitting on the couch. Edward looked to me, nodding and gave me a small push as he went to see if Carlisle needed any assistance. I walked over to Jasper, sitting and taking his hand into my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment