Friday, October 23, 2009

TTTB Chapter 8: Awkward Moments


I walked over to Jasper, sitting and taking his hand into my own.
B POV
Jasper emanated mild confusion and surprise simultaneously, perhaps even a little elation at my gesture. Then guilt promptly followed. Edward's melodic voice rang from the kitchen. “We can talk about it later, Jasper.”
He looked at me, so many questions in his eyes. I snuggled into his side, resting my head against his shoulder and watched Emmett play Halo for a while. We sat there, holding hands, and just being with one another, even after Edward came back and sat on my right, my hand snaking into his. The three of us sat there until Emmett gave up playing and sat by my legs, leaning back against me.
“Finally get tired of the computer kicking your ass, big brother?”
In retaliation to my teasing, Emmett slammed his head back onto the couch between my legs so he could look up at me. His grin warmed me as did the sudden pressure of his head against my inner thighs. Thoughts of being with him mingled with the afterglow of Edward's and my night in the cottage, and then I realized that I was allowed to have these thoughts. I'm allowed to think about my brothers that way. Does that make them still my brothers? Yes, they're always that first, at least Emmett is. I think no matter what I'll always be his little sister. But Jasper, I think something more could grow beyond any sex. Oh God. Edward, my Edward, who didn't go beyond first base until our marriage, is letting me sleep with his brothers if it happens. If I could still blush I'd be red down to my toes. Jasper's probably well aware of where my thoughts are. I sighed. All three men looked to me.
“What?”
Edward shot a crooked grin my way, reducing me to a further puddle on the couch. Jasper was amused at the even stronger level of lust I was no doubt subjecting him to, and Emmett began to breathe a little deeper, his head resting inches from where I was aching, leaving it clear that he could smell my arousal. All of their eyes were darker, subtly, but still enough to notice that I was no doubt effecting each of them. Emmett shook his head before leaning forward to wrap his arms around his legs.,
“Emmett, you don't have to mentally beat yourself up, I won't hurt you for thinking like that. Bella is beautiful and I think the three of us in close proximity are giving her similar thoughts. If she'd let me in her head again I would know for sure, but I have a feeling she's going to be quite stubborn about that at the moment.”
I pretended to pick a piece of lint from my leg, amazingly interested in the fabric covering me at the moment.
“I'll take that as a yes, Bella. Based on your breathing and that lovely scent permeating our area of the room I think we all know what you are thinking.”
I stood up, leaving their hands behind me, and went around Emmett, escaping to the kitchen to clear my head and regain control of my body. Edward was right, my mind had drifted to how different Emmett would be in bed. I bet his power as a fighter carries over quite well to him being quite the bear in bed. How Edward expects me to pull off seducing either of them I do not know. I still don't know why he chose me when I was human.
The sound of whispers pulled me from my thoughts, the boys whispering so quietly I could not make out more than that they were speaking at all. I needed outside for a while. Esme had taken Renesmee upstairs to start the homeschooling process. She would need to know so much about both our world and the human world in the next few years before we could send her to school. There would be too many questions if she went now, so school will have to wait but education does not. After cleaning up the dishes and mess from making my daughter some breakfast, I found my feet leading me back to the foyer and slipping my shoes back on when the boys looked up from their discussion, laughter having won out over serious whispers.
“Where are you going, love?” Then I heard a smack and Emmett grumbling. Boys will be boys even when over a hundred years old. I'd best get used to it. I peeked around the corner into the room to see Emmett up between his brothers.
“I think just out for a run. I need to work off some energy and since we know Emmett won't beat me at any wrestling matches for several more months, what is the fun in that?” I smiled to let him know I was just teasing and Edward rolled his eyes at whatever Emmett had been thinking. The doorknob was turning in my hand when I heard footsteps on the basement stairs.
My new father locked eyes with me and then looked to the side room, no doubt asking me to rejoin the family, delaying my escape. I nodded and started turning when I saw all the boys watching me as well. Emmett had taken my spot on the couch but slid back down when I entered the room. Edward's look to me said the same as Carlisle's so I returned to my space on the couch, relieved that a distraction was being offered. Edward slid his arm around my waist, Jasper grabbed my hand and Emmett immediately pressed back against the couch, all shielding me from Marcus.
I think they were worried I'd go after him again. I'd only threatened him once after the capture; even Esme thought he had it coming. He'd commented on Edward finally seeing the light and drinking human blood again in turning me and asked if he was going to hold me to their limited lifestyle or allow me to fully enjoy my thirst and the power human blood grants. I had had a rough day of learning my strength, we'd already gone through two doors and a lamp that morning alone so anyone pissing off Edward was not a good way to keep his or her head attached. Edward's slight growl was enough to have me crouched, teeth bared, before Edward and Carlisle both had to grab me and carry me to Jasper's study to be calmed. They never did ask me to be Marcus's hunting escort after that.
I leaned into Edward but buried my hand on Edward's side into Emmett's curls, letting my nails scratch his scalp, his curls running through my fingers.
Carlisle walked through, escorting Marcus to the main room. Edward stiffened beside me, the arm around me tightening until a slight ache went through my ribcage. I focused on my shield. Love, that's a little too tight. His arm relaxed slightly but he did not move.
“No, not too difficult, Marcus. I appreciate your observation. I hope that your journey home is a pleasant one full of peace.” Edward stopped, snapping his jaw shut, looking to Jasper and me. “As of today, no, but we did speak as you suggested and it was agreed upon. I'd rather that was the end of your thought line if you please. I know that Carlisle has already extended the Cullen family's assistance as desired and I extend that as well, willingly, not just as his son." He paused, listening to Marcus's silent comments. "I would prefer to not separate my family again and wait until our daughter is old enough to hold her own among our kind. I offer my regrets that you won't be able to study the bond between two that are imprinted but you were at least able to see it briefly before, even if you did not completely understand. Perhaps when she is of age we can bring her to wherever you have set up residence, with her mate's approval and presence of course. He's not one to be forced to do anything as my wife can assure you.”
“I assume that if your mate cannot force him, no one can. Your abilities could be useful as I try to create peace in our capital city; please rethink my offer. As you know, the entire family would be welcome within the walls to stay for your duration.” Marcus looked to each of us in attendance, his papery face looking content in comparison to the last time I saw him. Perhaps having his friend's three sons holding me back was leaving him less worried. “Well, we are here to say my farewells. Carlisle has requested a jet to fly me to New York and then my own pilot is meeting me there to fly to Italy. Being alone will be a relief after the years with Aro and Caius. Farewell, Cullen children, may our next meeting, should there be one, be under more pleasant origins.”
We all rose and offered our hands although he was wary of my newborn strength. Once my father and his friend had gone into the garage I sprawled out on the couch, stretching to full length and smiled at the boys, daring them to make me move.
“So, Edward, my love, what does he want from us?” Edward gave me his exasperated look, the one reserved solely for when he doesn't want to answer but knows he has no way around it. I put my arms up over my head to lay them against the the arm rest, smiling in an attempt to dazzle him if I couldn't tempt him to me first. He shook his head laughing, looking to Jasper and Emmett for help. This was not good.

Em POV
I wasn't sure what that Dracula wannabe wanted from us but I knew what I wanted from Bella, even though I shouldn't think that way about her. When I leaned back into her I could smell her cunt and that she was wet. I could smell traces of Edward from their playtime last night- hell, I'd heard it from the garage when they were outside in their mini ocean. It made me miss Rosie, everything makes me miss my Rosalie. I won't wallow like Edward did when he thought Bella was gone. Oops. Sorry Edward.
After Jasper's game on the plane left me to soak my pants, while he sat there pretending to not want her, I went to relieve myself a second time before cleaning up. I wish the stewardess could have even gotten my attention- I was a sexual creature long before Carlisle changed me. After so many years with Rose, to now go without was a secondary pain to the loss of my mate, my life, my better half. She always was my better half. Rosie got me in a way no one ever will. But what Edward's proposing? Could I sex Bella up and then send her home to him? He seems to think so and said that Alice was fairly certain after a series of visions.
Edward's such a pansy that I doubt he knows exactly what he's doing to her, although he has had to listen to me and Rose so I guess he couldn't have had a better teacher. My little sister is gorgeous, but she's my little sister. I wonder if I could ever think of her as something else besides Edward's wife or if she could ever think of me as more than just her big brother? Aw man,, that scent. Edward how do you deal, bro? I'd never leave the bedroom. She still smells as good as her blood did but now it's concentrated there just for your enjoyment... or I guess now our enjoyment. Are you sure you can deal with that?
Edward grimaced slightly at my question but continued to sit and talk to Jasper about not spurning Bella's advances if she made one; if we ever thought we would want her that way that she would take the rejection to heart and not make another one. Stupid touchy feely hormonal vampire emo guy. Look at me, I know what you're feeling so I'm a superior being. Yeah well I lost my wife too but you didn't see me fucking my sister in law with energy in the middle of the plane.
Edward cracked a grin over that one. I wonder if Bella can hear him talking to us? She wanted me to take her out bear hunting, I wonder how soon she'd be willing to take a trip. No Eddiekins, to actually hunt, not for that. Well, if she did try and get in my perfectly gentlemanly pants I wouldn't stop her. Don't want to hurt her feelings or anything.
“I didn't know that pants could be gentlemanly, but yours sure could not be described as such.”
Jasper started laughing at Edward, knowing he was responding to my thoughts. Then his eyes snapped to the kitchen and he jerked his head to the side letting us know Bella was trying to listen in, he had been waiting for her to feel confused. Bella walked through the front hall to the shoe rack, it'd be nice if Esme just let us wear shoes in here. I started twitching knowing that Jasper was putting out something- Bella must be really in a moodswing to get him like this. At least once they change they don't PMS anymore.. First we'd get stuck with a week of PMS'ing Bella and then we'd get period Bella. Then a two week break of normalcy. I wonder what her problem is now? Seeing as the all-knowing can't get in her head unless she lets him- just wait till you fuck up dude and she won't let you in her head or her pants. I've got the number for Tiffany's and Chanel on speed dial. I'll hook a brother up with the 'get out of the doghouse' card. Hey!! Instead of a room for the mutt, you should have built him a doghouse with a door flap and all. For once, the stone face lost his composure and cracked up laughing. Jasper looked between us and I repeated my thought which had all three of us laughing when Bella peeked in at us.
“Where are you going, love?”
Love. She has a name, Edward. It's Bella. Behhhh luuuuhh. Try using it. Oh my lovely dearest, let me shower you with roses for eternity while I come up with a new whipped-boy term of endearment daily. Puhleeze. Grow a pair already.
“Ouch!” What's with the hitting? Everyone hits me, I must have a magnet on the back of my head for hands. Edward normally doesn't hit me, that was Ro... umm change your thoughts Emmett. Gotta let go. Those demon things sure were tasty but not worth the effort to catch them. I wonder what they thought of us, we are pretty damn hot.
“I think just out for a run. I need to work off some energy, and since we know Emmett won't beat me at any wrestling matches for several more months, what is the fun in that?”
I couldn't come up with a retort I was willing to follow through the thought process of within a two mile radius of Edward though. Damn, I'm losing my touch. I could think of a lot of fun to have in wrestling with her but was not going to think about that or it would get mighty uncomfortable for me to sit.
Edward's body shifted minutely, barely enough for us to notice, his head cocked to the side as if it would make listening to Carlisle and Marcus easier. I saw them stop at the doorway, both looking at Bella. She had turned to enter ahead of them. Time for me scoot down and let her have her spot back and let me lean against those luscious legs again. Sorry, bro. Couldn't help that one.
I bet she still smells so warm and wet. Oh how I'd love to just bury my head there against her jeans and take in her scent. Time to think about something else, anything else. Don't need anyone to see what these thoughts are doing. Down boy! Ummmmm Carlisle and Esme doing the humpty on the piano. Not working, I've already been up on the piano for that before. Uh oh. Yeah, sorry about that. It was all her idea. We cleaned it after, promise!! Think, gotta think... eating people food. Ewww. Lauren and Jessica without makeup. I felt my body shudder at the thought. Okay, that's working.
We followed Carlisle's previous orders as soon as Bella sat behind me. I felt Edward and Jasper move in on each side and I leaned back trapping her legs against the couch and was prepared to tackle her if need be. Ooh tackling Bella or just restraining her. That could be fun. Bad, Emmett. Edward's going to smack you again or Jasper might if he senses anything. Mmmm. She began scratching my head, that feels good. A slight purr started rumbling in my chest at her touch. She's never done that before. I liked it.
Marcus was looking creepily at the group of us; if vampires could be constipated, he would have been. Then I heard the floorboard bend slightly under Edward's foot. Another rude silent conversation I was being left out of.
“No, not too difficult, Marcus. I appreciate your observation. I hope that your journey home is a pleasant one full of peace.” More staring ensued. “As of today, no, but we did speak as you suggested and it was agreed upon” Oh. They're talking about us getting it on with the new Missus. Got it. Bad move, Marco Polo. “I'd rather that was the end of your thought line if you please. I know that Carlisle has already extended the Cullen family's assistance as desired and I extend that as well, willingly, not just as his son. I would prefer to not separate my family again and wait until our daughter is old enough to hold her own among our kind. I offer my regrets that you won't be able to study the bond between two that are imprinted but you were at least able to see it briefly before even if you did not completely understand. Perhaps when she is of age we can bring her to wherever you have set up residence, with her mate's approval and presence of course. He's not one to be forced to do anything as my wife can assure you.”
They want to let the mongrel go to Italy? Eddiekins, can we leave that flea ridden mutt there? I bet I could make him move. Teach that cocky wolf a thing or two.
“I assume that if your mate cannot force him, no one can. Your abilities could be useful as I try to create peace in our capital city; please rethink my offer. As you know, the entire family would be welcome within the walls to stay for your duration.”
He wants us there? When pigs fly. If they're on a plane, they're flying right? Does that count? Edward what do you think? Do planes count for making pigs fly?
“Well, we are here to say my farewells.”
Farewell, sucker. Wish we'd toasted you when we had the chance. I hope to get the chance to do so in the future.
“Carlisle has requested a jet to fly me to New York and then my own pilot is meeting me there to fly to Italy. Being alone will be a relief after the years with Aro and Caius. Farewell, Cullen children may our next meeting, should there be one, be under more pleasant origins.”
Yeah, killing my wife really endeared you to me. I hope I can rip that smug head from your shoulders. Ass. I stood and offered my hand as Carlisle expected of me. I could at least be polite outwardly even while wanting to rip him limb from limb. Once our goodbyes were made and Dad left for the airport, Bella made herself look even more tempting. She stretched out on the couch, arms up over her head so that her t shirt rode up showing a sliver of sleek skin on her stomach.
“So, Edward, my love, what does he want from us?”
He looked down at her, trying to dazzle before giving up. Then Edward started laughing at her and gave us the look. The one look no man can ignore. I looked to Jasper, he nodded. I looked to Edward and nodded; we accepted his challenge. I grabbed her around the waist, Edward grabbed her arms, and Jasper got her feet. Then we ran to the door and out to the river. She was submerged before she could yell more than “Boys!” to us. We never let her get “stop” out. Yeah we're going to be in so much trouble but it's worth it. Wet t shirt contest anyone? Edward's eyes trailed down her front, observing for himself what he overheard me think.
“I'm not allowed to hit you for that one, with our new understanding but damn when you're right, you're right. Enjoy boys, I'm going to run before she has a chance to catch up. Send me those numbers please.”
Then the pansy took off, not wanting to face the wifey's wrath. Though, I'd have run too, if I had a chance. Jasper just stood there with his arms crossed enjoying the view the water had gifted us and probably gauging her reaction to see if he should start running anyways. When Bella stood, I knew that this was a sign from Rose that all was going to be ok. Rosalie had to know no one would ever take her place in my heart. She's the reason I'm still here and I'll go on living for both of us.
“So Jazz, think we need to run or will we survive?”
A grin spread ear to ear as he slowly stepped back from the bank, taking in all those lovely curves. He hummed as he evaluated her mood. “Mostly shock and amusement, just a little anger. I don't think we need to run but I would back up unless you want to get soaked.”
“Payback's a bitch, brothers.” Venom dripped from her words but I could see the twinkle in her eyes. I did not however watch closely enough, my mind distracted by how little her shirt was hiding, to see her crouch and spring herself at my chest. Jasper yelled for Edward to come watch and took off for the back porch swing. Bella had me pinned as Edward blurred by.
This could be interesting. I twisted my hips tossing her to the side and tried to pin her using force but she was still stronger than me. I had to use brain over brawns unless I could get my full weight on her which I doubted she could move against. Hey bro, a little help here. Distract her or something.
“Bella, can't you at least let him have a chance? Please, for me?”
Oh no, he was turning on the pout and sparkle effect. I swear he should have been an anime character instead of a vampire. What was that one Alice made me watch about the goth girl and the boys? But Bella, she's all vampire princess. I think it's working, she's not using her full strength at least.



EPOV
“Please, for me?” I'm sorry, love, I was hitting below the belt but this was a pleasant diversion. Jasper and I sat watching the wrestling match, Jasper's amusement billowing in waves as he snickered at Emmett pinned to the ground by Bella- a third the size of our brother. Jasper's thoughts alternated between jealousy over Emmett's proximity to my wife and berating himself for feeling that way. I pitched my voice low and quiet so the others could not hear.
“I meant what I said, Jasper. I am willing to share her physically and to some degree emotionally. From what I've seen from all of your minds I know that you both want her and I think you may even feel something beyond lust for her. Yes, it's only been a handful of weeks since your loss but with how our bonds are to our mates the time doesn't matter. That pain will not go away, but if we can help distract you from the despair and help bandage the hole that wrenches you apart, we want to. Bella wants to.
"It does not detract from your love of Alice. Remember, she saw this and was not opposed- she's trying to help the only way she can, by leaving notes and setting up situations. Why do you think I had already set out a white tshirt and jeans for Bella this morning after her shower? Alice has left me a daily journal of sorts, it was tucked under Nessie's crib where I found it as I dismantled it to move in the new bed. She left notes about the days she had seen visions of. She claimed it was easier than trying to see where to leave me so many notes. One day has a mention that she was certain you thought she was nuts writing in her journal while resting after dinner with Nahuel, pleading your case for him to come back home with you. She said that she had gotten to the house, placing notes as needed while you and the guests circled the area to find the best entry. I can feel the jealousy eating at you- your thoughts and emotions betray what you are desperately trying to hide from me.”
How are you dealing with this? Truly.
“It is difficult and I know you can sense my own inner battle to allow the match to continue when we all know where this will end up. I know that neither of you will hurt her but above all I want our family to stay together. This is the one thing we can offer in exchange for the sacrifice you both must endure. Enough of this, we will end up just talking in circles. How long do you think it will be before she lets him win to stop the pouting?”
“I don't know if she'll throw the match. She's rather determined at the moment. I could toss some random bursts at them to see what happens when they are distracted.”
I nodded to the tactical genius I was proud to call my brother. He began alternating glee, sadness, amusement, determination, and anger; never in the same order and in intervals they could not anticipate. Bella was beginning to wear down, her mental focus tiring under the onslaught of emotions and the playful battle she was part of. Emmett's thoughts were less than pure, especially when he had Bella on her back and he was settled between her legs, attempting to use his entire body in the pin so she couldn't shove him aside.
Her breath caught as he pushed against against her, his thoughts screaming in my head. She's so small, I feel like she's a ragdoll to be tossed around. If only there weren't clothes in the way. I wished that Jasper would speak and pull me from my silent place having to view the images they both had of the scene- Emmett of he and Bella in the throws of passion there in the grass, Jasper of he and Bella up on the mountain under the stars and if she hadn't stopped him from kissing her.
Bella twisted her legs to the side throwing Emmett onto his back again while she sat on his chest. I felt my body responding to the images although I knew it wasn't from the image themselves but from Jasper inadvertently releasing his talent through the air. The area around us was so heavy with lust I couldn't get anything through my head but the need to take Bella. I growled a low warning to him to get himself under control, breaking the thrall we both had, but not before the wrestling in front of us took a different tone. They both were breathing heavy and arching against one another as the wrestling match became a fight for dominance. Bella's nipples were pressed against the fabric of her wet shirt as her body responded to the frigid temperatures as if she were still human. A sense of modesty came over her and she swept one arm across her chest in an attempt to hide her hardened buds from view. He used her distraction to flip her onto her back and press his hips between her legs so she couldn't fight back.
Edward, I hope you were serious earlier.
Then I saw his thoughts, his focus on her lips and thinking of kissing her. My hands clenched around the chair arms but I forced myself to stay still. Jasper sensed my anxiety and did his best to calm me, and then it happened, Emmett leaned in and kissed her, one hand wrapping around her back.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I am so happy to have found this story again. I was on chapter 17 and could no longer find it. I was so upset. I think this is a great story and I am sorry to hear that someone gave you a hard time. Keep up the great writing and screw the judgemental people.

    ReplyDelete